This project is a conceptual work on the question of diagrammatics, putting emphasis on the different layers of diagrammatic representation, reasoning and practise.
The layers are named:
– diagrammatics as representation
– diagrammatics as grammatical and structural scheme
– diagrammatics as a form of praxis
The work is divided in
a) practical and theoretical research , which takes place in different frames such as
– the Master of Urban Design in HafenCity University, Hamburg and the Urban Design Theory Lab, which I am conducting there.
– installative performances
– the non-representational composition “Das Arbeitende Konzert/ The Working Concert”, a series of revisions, starting with the publication of “Das Arbeitende Konzert/ The Working Concert Revision I” in 2016 on ENW records.
b) theoretical research, which will result in a series of books.
In 2016 the following books will be published:
– “Epistemologie der Stadt”, a research on the epistemological questions of diagrammatically oriented urban design research
– “Stadt als offene Partitur”, a research on examples of diagrammatical notation in urban research, published in cooperation with Vera and Ruedi Baur and Civic City
– “Tom Paints the Fence”,edited together with Bernd Kniess a book on questions of urban research, exemplified by the project “University of Neighbourhoods”
In 2017 will follow:
– “Atonale Logik”, a book on the diagrammatics of Gilles Deleuze